In a recent study, people were asked, "What do Chiropractors do?" Ninety-five percent answered, "They fix neck and back pain and headaches." Two percent responded, "I don’t know," and three percent said bad things about us.
You and I know this is the public’s perception of our profession. We have all heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. If we keep doing what we’re doing, we’ll keep getting what we’re getting. If we continue to communicate in the the same ways that we have for the past 100+ years, people will continue to think we are pain doctors, and not much of anything else!
Creating a True Wellness practice is more than just putting the word, "wellness," on your business card or adjusting patients even when they’re not in pain!
To me, a True Wellness model means we help our patients understand the "Whole Story."
In essence they have a "problem" or a need and we have the "solution." We help them recognize, through a series of questions, that they:
- Have subluxations or nerve interference (damage) and lifestyle stress that may very well relate to their chief complaint (if they have one) and other health issues (that you help them to recognize).
- Don’t take care of these issues, they will only get much worse and affect their overall health and quality of life 5, 10 or 20 years down the road.
- We can help them take care of their health challenges and show them how not to recreate them in the future, so they can hope to:
- Feel better
- Prevent future health problems
- Reverse the aging process
- Enjoy better quality of life!
- Clearly have a "health" problem not a "back" problem
- Want to get healthy and stay healthy and realize that you can help them do that.
If you want this type of wellness practice, you need to know how to communicate in this model. We were not trained to communicate in this model and there are very few management companies out there that know how to communicate in this model as well!
Dr. Patrick Gentempo hired me specifically to serve as Lead Author of "Creating Wellness Practice Systems" and then had me train "Creating Wellness" doctors on ways to communicate from a True Wellness model because what I do works!
If you would like to practice in a True Wellness model and use "Patient Care" vs. "Patient Scare" tactics in your practice, then you need to start my "LAASR Mastery Course" TODAY!